Sunday 27 December 2009

Another year over...

Well I've just celebrated a lovely Christmas with my wonderful family. I received some beautiful gifts, each one hand chosen for me and that was obvious. I'm a very blessed girl.
The end of the noughties is upon us... what a decade it has been!
Thinking back to where I was at the turn of 2000, just beginning my time at secondary school. For me, this decade will be a time of Lord of the Rings; Harry Potter; The Beatles; an obsession with the 1960s; a longing to travel by VW campervan around NZ; some lovely family holidays in Scotland and France; exams, exams, exams; realising who my friends are; becoming my own person; taking a gap year and learning more about God; beginning to get the travelling bug, facing my fear of flying to get to Uganda then America; starting my new life in Edinburgh at university; witnessing the start of the 'war on terror'; obsessing over Jane Austen; some very bad fashion faux pas that will hopefully never emerge on facebook; school uniforms; my first trip to London's West End to see Billy Elliot, later to see Hairspray; growing up...
Here's to the next ten years and may they be full of many happy memories also!

No comments: