Monday 30 January 2012

day thirty: self portrait



technically I didn't take this photo today, it's the product of a summer sunset cycle around Arthur's Seat a few months ago. I chose it for a few reasons:

i) I'm in my pj's and couldn't face a self portrait

ii) this 30 day photo challenge has taught me to really appreciate the little things every day. I've really enjoyed participating and it's taught me that there are so many people and things that I love very dearly. I started this challenge at home with my family and I'm finishing it in Edinburgh. I love this city so much, and I think you can see that joy on my face in this photo! (besides the fact my hair looks like it's on fire).

iii) right now I don't know where I'll be in a few months time, but I want to make sure I enjoy the last few months of my final semester as a student at the University of Edinburgh, and continue loving the every day joys!

I'll leave you with the song I've been singing over and over again since the weekend away and the Psalm that has always comforted me:

I have set the LORD always before me;
because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.
Psalm 16:8

1 comment:

Laura said...

That song is a goodun. I've been singing it too recently :)