Wednesday 6 January 2010

Things I did in 2009...

What did I accomplish in 2009?

* put my blender into use and started making soup
* survived taking four courses at uni in order to change my degree
* had my first birthday in Edinburgh
* passed my first year at Edinburgh
* saw some brilliant films either big blockbusters, little ones in alternative filmhouses or curled up on the sofa with great friends
* visited Cardiff and Barry Island
* went to Somerset
* saw friends in London and then 'Hairspray' and 'Romeo and Juliet' with the lil sis
* volunteered
* spent two weeks in the highlands with my family
* spent three weeks in America with some great friends
* kind of got over my fear of flying i.e. I didn't cry too much. Perhaps it would be better to say I didn't let my fear stop me from doing what I wanted
* climbed Mount Laffayette in the White Mountains of New Hampshire
* went to NYC
* ate lots of new American foods for the first time
* saw the White House, lots of cool art, monuments and museums in Washington DC
* went to the Andy Warhol museum in Pittsburgh, an amazing experience
* survived an American public bus
* saw my first baseball came
* returned to Edinburgh for second year
* had to say goodbye to a close friend
* enjoyed sewing at the cath kidston shop
* had many a wonderful breakfast at a number of little cafes in Edinburgh
* kept on with the Swahili
* visited friends
* wrapped up my Christmas gifts in brown paper and beautiful ribbon
* saw the new year in at hogmanay

No comments: